The Good
- Started taking accounting classes at a community college. I know... school is a part of the 'good' category?!?! Haha Hopefully this will help me advance in my career.
- SF in the summer - finally got to go back and see old friends and meet new ones. And will be heading back again in the winter! 2 SF trips in one year? Score!
- Hubby turned 30 and now just wants to play play play... Which is great for me but I think I'm like a grandma on the inside so sometimes I wish he would stop wanting to go out :P but this change overall has been a positive one.
- Group Vegas trip - didn't think this was ever going to happen but glad it did! And the girls had way too much fun ;)
- I was added to the company bonus plan so cha-ching!! (Assuming that the company meets the sales goals)
The Bad
- My mom's bf was diagnosed with stage 4 non-small cell lung cancer back at the end of April. He's not a smoker and does not drink. Since starting treatment in June, his condition improved drastically. However, he has been placed in ICU the last few days and it looks like his condition has taken a turn for the worse. I'm taking this really hard because my mom has had a rough life and finally someone comes around that makes her happy, and this happens. Right now I'm hoping for a miracle and asking for her to stay positive yet all I'm doing is crying like a baby. Sigh...
- An old friend from HS passed away this summer. We were really close for a bit in HS and then he moved away and we all went about our own lives. We had reconnected on Facebook and had talked about hanging out again and it never happened. And now it never will and I miss him so much. :(
- A crazy relative has come to stay with us in the US and she's driving everyone nuts. Yes I understand that the house is hers since she's been paying the mortgage, but does my mom bringing up her two kids (from only a few days old until now, aged 22 and 24) not mean anything? She smokes in the house, gets mad when we say anything to her about it. She complains that no one cleans the house yet she won't do it herself. Reason why we don't clean it? Because she just makes it dirty again. She's inconsiderate and disrespectful. Thinks everyone needs to treat her like a queen because she's older than us. Luckily I don't live at home so I don't have to deal with her but my brother does and it makes me angry for him. Oh and guess what? She's been talking a lot of smack about my mom and my bro and it's been getting back to me. She thinks she's always right. Doesn't it seem weird than she's argued with all 6 siblings in her family? Unfortunately it doesn't seem like she's planning to leave until she gets her green card. And that might be for awhile... Unless the INS or CBP do their jobs and follow up on people who violate their visa waiver program. One can hope...
Ok so after making the above list, I'm pretty sure I'm not crazy when I say 2013 has sucked tremendously.
How do you guys deal with bad news/drama in your life? Help me because I think I'm going crazy! :(
No comments:
Post a Comment