I can't believe how fast this year has gone by... How is it already Thanksgiving?? And soon it'll be Christmas, then New Years, and then my 25th birthday!
Well, this will be my last Thanksgiving as an unmarried woman. This time next year, I will be Mrs. Z! How scary is that? haha :)
In all seriousness, I'm actually really excited to be getting married soon (in a little over 7 months to be exact) and I'm already thinking about what I want to do next year for our first Thanksgiving as a married couple. For example, in our (almost) 5 years together, neither of us have ever cooked/shared Thanksgiving dinner. We've always gone to visit our families in separate cities. Next year, I want to cook a turkey, make stuffing, mashed potatoes, and gravy... yum! But I guess easier said than done and who knows how I'll feel when the time comes around. :P Maybe if I'm still blogging then, it'll motivate me to make Thanksgiving dinner and share some pictures and recipes! I guess we'll just have to wait and see... as for this year, I'll just say my thanks and buy some ready-made turkey from the market!
Anyway, I have so much to be thankful for this year that I'm not sure where to start so I'm going to make a list!
What I am Thankful For:
- Family: especially my mom since she has been supportive of every decision I have ever made, whether she agrees with them or not. In her words, "as long as you're happy" <3
- Friends: so many wonderful memories made this year; definitely looking forward to making more! Also, SUPER thankful for my girl friends - without them, I would have so much trouble deciding on little wedding details! (save the dates, invitations, centerpieces, etc!)
- Monster: I'm so lucky to have such a wonderful companion! He looks at me as if he understands what I'm saying to him and always wants to please Mommy :) Plus, he keeps me company whenever Mr. Z has his night class and/or when I'm home alone. AND he's been keeping me very warm by sleeping on my tummy during the recent cold weather.
- Good health: even though I've been in a car accident that totaled my car, had the worst allergies ever, and have been eating way too much, I'm in pretty good shape health-wise.
- Work: I'm super grateful that I have such patient coworkers that put up with all my questions! Although this new job is definitely more challenging than the last, I'm a lot happier where I am now and am thankful I get to surround myself with great people everyday.
- Mr. Z: last, but definitely not least, I'm so thankful to have found my hubby-to-be. This year has definitely been very stressful for us with many unexpected hardships. However, Mr. Z has stuck by me through thick and thin, and always puts my needs before his own. He believes in me even when I have trouble believing in myself. He is my pillar of support and I am so happy/lucky to have him in my life.

Reggi! This was definitely a post from the heart. So few people truly know how lucky they are to have the people and/or opportunities they have in their lives. I am glad you are one of those very few people who value the things that are frequently overlooked by others -- the mere company and support of family, friends, coworkers, etc. I'm so proud of you!
ReplyDeleteThankful to have you as a friend,
Yvo